Spring is finally here! Now is a great time to take a good look at all your personal care products that have been collecting over the cold winter months in bags, drawers, boxes, cabinets, across your bathroom counters and even in the shower!
Here are a few tips to make this often daunting task easier….
- Pull everything out and start by gathering together all the personal care products that you use on a daily basis – set aside in a “keep” pile – then group “alike” items together that may have been separated.
- Aim to have only one of each product type open at a time
- If you haven’t used it, or if you can’t remember when you bought it, then lose it.
- Look at products & items that clearly need to be retired and/or replaced. Have they been stored or sealed properly? Check expiration dates and evaluate the look, smell and texture of your personal care item.
- Recycle any items or containers if possible.
- Make a list of items that you will need to repurchase.
- For your not sure items – start using it or retire it!
- After you have sorted thru all your items – clean the drawers, shelf or surface areas – keep these areas hygenic.
- Assess your need for more or less storage and make your areas nice looking and aesthetically pleasing to help keep you on track at being organized.