Honey is….honey, it is that simple! It is an organic sweet substance produced by bees from the nectar of plants or secretions of living parts of plants, used and consumed by humans since earliest civilization.
B E N E F I T S O F H O N E Y
- Natural sweetener – fat, cholesterol and sodium free!
- A quick rich natural energy source of carbohydrates and fructose which boosts your energy and endurance levels, also reducing muscle fatigue.
- Source of natural vitamins, minerals, amino acids as well as anti-oxidants which are effective in removing free radicals from our body and building up our immunity
- A source of natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
Not all honeys are created equal…health benefits depend on the quality of the honey, where it comes from and how raw honey is processed. Darker honeys, contain a greater amount of antioxidants and deeper flavor than other honeys, and raw, unprocessed honey contains the widest variety of health-supportive substance
Purchase locally grown organic raw honey whenever you can… it’s produced by bees which are from the environment in which you live and contain the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment.
Leatherwood Honey – a wonderful discovery made during our travels! The Eucryphia lucida, aka the Leatherwood tree, is unique to the state of Tasmania in Australia. It grows deep within pristine World Heritage rainforests, where the nectar is collected without impact to the native environment, producing a delightful rich, full body flavoured honey, with spicy undertones.
Q U I C K H O N E Y S E R V I N G I D E A S
- Add to mustard and use as a dip
- Replace table sugar as a sweetener in your tea.
- Drizzle over banana, apple or melon slices
- Mix into plain yogurt
- Combine with peanut butter for sandwiches
- Drizzle over ice cream
- Combine with a little warm milk