Wasabi goes way beyond Sushi!
We continue to be captivated by Brandi of Branappetit. Her natural recipes are not only healthful, they tantalize our tastebuds. Previse Skincare enlisted Brandi’s support to create a unique and tasty recipe using one of our signature ingredients; that’s right, wasabi!
At Previse we use wasabi extract as an anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial to boost to the skin’s defense against excessive sunlight. Brandi combines this favorite ingredient from Japanese cuisine with blood oranges – a perennial favorite containing potent antioxidants. The result is beyond description… so here are a few pictures, along with her recipe, to inspire the chef in you!!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups butter or bibb lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 and 1/2 tsp wasabi
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, coat the chicken with the 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add chicken to the pan. Cook 4-6 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken) until browned, then flip over and cook the other side for another 4-6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, divide the lettuce, blood oranges, and avocado between two plates.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the orange juice, wasabi, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and ground ginger.
Slice the chicken, place on top of the salads, and drizzle with the dressing before serving.
How do you Previse?