Athletes, Fitness, Health and Wellbeing, health habits, healthplex, healthy athletes, healthy living, Ironman, JR Rosania, life advice, performance enhancement, Previse, Tips, Top 10, training tips, Triathalon
Previse is thrilled to introduce to you renowned fitness and performance enhancing coach, CEO of Healthplex and author, (+18 time IronMan Triathalon finisher!), “J.R” Rosania as a contributing author to our blog! His simple fitness, health and lifestyle enhancement programs parallel the Previse passion for prevention philosophy.
“Today, I am proud to share with you my top 10 simple nutritional and exercise habits that I try to live by. Participate in them with me, and you will begin that road to becoming a healthier athlete”.
- Find out your BMR – Basal Metabolic rate (metabolism) which is calories expended by the body at rest to maintain current body weight
- Know how many calories a day you burn, including exercise. Add your calories burned from your workout with your BMR number and total it up.
- Count your calories daily – Get a calorie counter booklet and begin with early morning calories and total up your foods and liquids.
- Do at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. Pick any form of cardio – walking, jogging, swimming, hiking etc.
- Eat 6 meals a day, with equal number of calories that total your BMR. For example, lets say your BMR is 1800, eat 300 calories 6 times a day.
- Eat leafy greens everyday. Have a green vegetable and/or a multi greens salad
- Eat seeds, grains and nuts everyday. Choose between almonds, sunflower seeds and raw mixed nuts.
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water. Drink 6-8 ounces 8 – 12 times a day
- Do two days of 60 – 90 minutes of aerobic cardiovascular exercise. Pick a day where you can spend 1 -2 hours doing your favorite activity.
- Engage in some light to moderate strength training 2 times a week. Get on a full body resistance program to build stronger muscles.
How do you Previse?