Beauty, Beauty Tips when Flying, Dry skin, Exfoliate, Eye Care, Holiday Travel, In Flight Beauty, In flight Skin Care, Oily Skin, Previse, Skin Beauty, Skin Care, Skin Care + Travel, Skin Fitness, Skin Wellness
Let’s face it, traveling is stressful.
Whether you’re traveling for business, a vacation, family homecoming, or simply a quick weekend getaway… today’s travel is not easy. The fastest travel, and ironically most difficult, is by plane. Hurtling through the sky at 500 miles per hour and 30,000 feet, the cabin is pressurized to keep passengers safe from the effects of altitude. The downside is low moisture content, airborne pollutants, and recirculated air. Combined, the effects on your skin can be horrendous. Pressurized cabin air leeches moisture, which leaves your skin dry, itchy and irritated. To compensate, your body produces extra oil to help retain moisture. It’s no wonder your skin can easily look greasy and lackluster at the end of an extended flight.
Following these In-Flight Skin Care tips will help diminish any anxiety by improving the health of your skin so you arrive at your destination glowing and hydrated.
- Exfoliate your skin the night before. Exfoliation is important because it gets rid of the top layer of dead skin cells. Dead skin cells can prevent moisturizer adhesion and make the skin dull.
- Follow with a thick layer of moisturizer, such as our occlusive Previse Hydrobalm. HydroBalm helps the skin retain moisture in preparation for the arid climate of the plane’s cabin.
- Drink plenty of water the day before your flight.
- Do not switch or change your skin care routine prior or during travel. What works for you at home will work best while traveling. If your products aren’t approved for carry-on luggage, decant them in TSA approved travel containers, or simply ask your favorite manufacturer for travel size availability. If you’re travel is for an extended period of time consider shipping your must-haves ahead. For a scant $20 UPS and Fedex will see that your regimen shipped and waiting for your arrival.
- For Women:
– Skip foundation on the day of your trip. Wear only a high quality skin hydrating serum or moisturizer.
– Avoid using mascara or cream eye shadows, particularly for longer flights. If you sleep or take a nap, these products have a tendency to move around on your face as you snooze!
- Prepare your On-Board Skin Care Kit which should include:
1. Previse Nutrify or an alternative eye gel
2. Previse Hydrobalm for superior non-comedogenic hydration
3. Previse Defend for deep hydration and protection
3. Jokipiin Face Cloth
4. Small hand towel
5. Lip balm
6. Your favorite hand lotion or alternatively Previse Defend.
ON BOARD SKIN CARE MAINTENANCE
- Prepare for your flight by purchasing a large bottle of water before boarding. Plan on drinking 8oz of water for every hour you’re in the air.
- Wash and hydrate your skin before going to sleep on long flights, and again on waking. Dampen your Jokipiin face cloth and use a small amount of Previse Purify to cleanse excess oil and airborne pollutants. Pat your face gently with a small hand towel to dry.
- Keep oily skin from getting out of control without stripping moisture. Pack blotting papers or rice papers in your carry-on and dab the “T” zone as needed.
- Say no to skin drying and damaging beverages: alcohol, coffee, and diet sodas are potent dehydrators.
- No amount of washing and hydrating will help if you fail to rest while in-flight. Lack of sleep forces the body to go into overdrive. When stressed, our bodies release the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol can restrict the function of the skin’s barrier and contribute to redness, blotchiness and breakouts.
- A neck pillow and eye mask are the best ways to tuck-in and get some rest. Be sure they are are gentle and soft on your skin. Ear plugs or sound canceling headphones puts you beyond the reach of your fellow passengers. Be sure to tell your flight attendants that you do not wish to be disturbed. Even an hour or two of in-flight rest helps to minimize stress, skin puffiness, and under-eye circles.
- Refresh your eyes and help reduce puffiness by applying an eye gel. We recommend using Previse Nutrify Liposomal Tonic which includes hyaluronic acid for deep hydration. Our marine algae recipe is great for eyelash health, plus our ZeroSilicone recipe excludes parabens and other nasty preservatives which can irritate the eyes. Apply liberally and as needed.
- Please don’t forget about your hands. The skin on your hands dries out just as quickly as your facial skin. Your hands will benefit from regular attention, especially on a long-haul flight. We recommend using Previse Previse Defend or HydroBalm. The recipes are crafted to absorb quickly and include aromatherapeutic botanicals.
- On longer flights try to ‘exercise’ while you fly by walking the length of the cabin several times. If you’re restricted from moving around the cabin simply point your toes up and down while seated, or move your feet in circles for 5 minutes every hour. Keeping your lower extremities active improves blood flow. You’ll be surprised how even these little exercises prevent bloating. Your skin will benefit by looking fresh and radiant when you disembark.
- For Women, before you land, take a few moments to tint your hydrator with a little of your regular foundation, for a fresh, healthy look. Previse Defend and HydroBalm are crafted to readily blend with all commercial and prescriptive foundations.
What additional In-Flight Skin Care tips do you have?
The Previse Difference
Your twice daily, Previse skincare ritual takes three to five minutes. Each product within your regimen is designed to complement the other. We ask that you restrict use of any other cleanser, lotion, or moisturizer during the first two weeks of using Previse. This will help optimize benefits by allowing each ingredient to work as intended.
STEP 1.0 – Purify: Biocatalyst Solution™
Helps gently remove dead skin cells, excess oil, and other contaminants from your skin.
Replace your current cleansers with Previse Purify. Purify can be used in the shower or at your sink-top. If using in the shower please apply Purify at the end of your routine for maximum benefit.
- Wet your face with warm water. Squeeze a small amount of Purify, no more than 1/2 teaspoon, into the palm of your hand.
- Emulsify the solution by gently rubbing your palms together. Purify will not lather like a cleanser, and is safe for all purposes including removal of oxidized skin cells, make-up, airborne and water pollutants.
- Using your natural fiber facecloth or fingertips gentle massage Purify into all areas of your face and down your neck. These areas receive the most exposure to the elements – especially UVA and UVB radiation from our sun.
- We suggest you massage Purify for approximately one to two minutes to achieve maximum benefits.
- Using natural fiber towel gently dry your face in preparation for Step 2.0 – Previse Nutrify.
- Purify may be used multiple times per day.
STEP 2.0 – Nutrify: Liposomal Tonic™
Hydrates skin, fights free radicals and waterborne pollutants or additives like chlorine.
HOW TO USE:
Apply Nutrify after using Previse Purify and towel drying your face.
- Draw compound into the medicine dropper and squeeze approximately five drops into the palm of your hand. Gently rub the solution with your fingertips to warm and emulsify for an even, all-over application.
- Starting at the eyebrows use your fingertips to massage Nutrify in an upward, circular motion into your hairline and temples.
- Emulsify and warm another five drops of Nutrify, then starting just above your check bones and under your eyes gently massage in a circular motion down your cheeks, across the bridge of your nose, and into your upper lip area.
- Using your palms massage remaining solution across your jaw line and chin, down your neck, and across the back of your neck. Your skin may feel slightly moist for a moment after application. Our recipe nourishes your skin and protects areas that receive the most exposure to the elements.
- Nutrify may be used multiple times per day and prepares your skin for Step 3.0 – Previse Defend.
STEP 3.0 Defend: Epidermis Plus™
Pre-sun solution helps to prevent skin damage from sun exposure while aiding in the protection of skin cells, collagen density and elasticity over time.
HOW TO USE:
Apply Defend after Previse Nutrify.
- Squeeze a small, nickel size amount of Defend into the palm of your hand. Emulsify by gently rubbing your palms together to warm the product for an even, all-over application.
- Starting at the eyebrows use your fingertips to massage Defend in an upward, circular motion to your hairline and temples. Then starting just above your check bones and under your eyes gently massage in a circular motion down your cheeks, across the bridge of your nose, and into your upper lip area.
- Using your palms massage remaining solution across your jaw line and chin, down your neck, and across the back of your neck to protect all areas that receive the most exposure to the elements.
- Your skin may feel slightly moist for a moment after application.
- Defend may be used multiple times per day and is the final application in your personal three step regimen.
HydroBalm’s™ ZeroSilcone™, paraben and petroleum free recipe is ideal for those of you who suffer from low levels of moisture content in their skin due to environmental, age or genetic factors. HydroBalm contains a blend of essential fatty acids that aid in repairing the skin’s lipid balance. HydroBalm is the ideal complement to our three-step range, which includes Purify, Nutrify and Defend.
HOW TO USE:
Replace your current moisturizer with Previse HydroBalm.
- Scoop a dime size amount of HydroBalm from the container and emulsify by gently rubbing between your palms.
- Using your fingertips gently massage HydroBalm in a circular motion into all areas of your face, and down your neck.
- HydroBalm may help with additional hydration in areas that are particularly sensitive and prone to dryness such as around the eyes, earlobes, and below the chin.