Previse is thrilled to introduce to you renowned fitness and performance enhancing coach, CEO of Healthplex and author, (+18 time IronMan Triathalon finisher!), “J.R” Rosania as a contributing author to our blog! His simple fitness, health and lifestyle enhancement programs parallel the Previse passion for prevention philosophy.
“Today, I am proud to share with you my top 10 simple nutritional and exercise habits that I try to live by. Participate in them with me, and you will begin that road to becoming a healthier athlete”.
- Find out your BMR – Basal Metabolic rate (metabolism) which is calories expended by the body at rest to maintain current body weight
- Know how many calories a day you burn, including exercise. Add your calories burned from your workout with your BMR number and total it up.
- Count your calories daily – Get a calorie counter booklet and begin with early morning calories and total up your foods and liquids.
- Do at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. Pick any form of cardio – walking, jogging, swimming, hiking etc.
- Eat 6 meals a day, with equal number of calories that total your BMR. For example, lets say your BMR is 1800, eat 300 calories 6 times a day.
- Eat leafy greens everyday. Have a green vegetable and/or a multi greens salad
- Eat seeds, grains and nuts everyday. Choose between almonds, sunflower seeds and raw mixed nuts.
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water. Drink 6-8 ounces 8 – 12 times a day
- Do two days of 60 – 90 minutes of aerobic cardiovascular exercise. Pick a day where you can spend 1 -2 hours doing your favorite activity.
- Engage in some light to moderate strength training 2 times a week. Get on a full body resistance program to build stronger muscles.
How do you Previse?